Any Guide for Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 users?

I don't how to introduce myself to this community since it a first time I sign up, I wanted to say Hi to everyone.

I recently brought ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 (2021) with RTX 3070 and Ryzen 9 5900hs on Best Buy, model number: GA503QR-211.ZG15. I don't see any guide for G15, but I was tempted to transition from Windows 10/Other Linux distros to Garuda Linux. What is the first to do, and what recommend type of Garuda for?

I tried this Laptop with Manjaro but feel off when the CPU temp started to Skyrocketed started playing Civilization 6, so I wanted to have for people who had Windows 10 or 11 and Newly switching from other Linux distro to safely transition to Garuda. Feel Free to expand to other ROG Laptops that need some tweaks

Welcome :slight_smile:
Use ventoy on USB stick, download ISO’s KDE dragonized, GNOME, Cinnamon or what you like from download page and test it. (Speed maybe less than on metal :slight_smile: )
Check arch wiki for your model for drivers, too.
We have nor ROG laptop club here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the Guide, however it takes a lot of time to inform you how the distro doing is because I forgo to figure it out my Asus bios password. I let you know the updates on my laptop.

Perhaps you are not quite ready for an Arch Linux based distro quite yet.

Linux Mint is a more suitable choice for Linux beginners.

5 Likes

Check out this guide, to be clear this isn't a specific guide for your G15 but can be an interesting starting point, they even recommend garuda as a distro

1 Like