Anniversary 🥳

Thanks to the team and everyone who has helped and supported Garuda Linux over the last 2 years.

The official date of birth is 2020-03-26 (iso8601 date format), but the conception took place a few months before :wink: .

Therefore, I remind you already now. :smiley:

:partying_face:

61 Likes

So, Garuda Linux started almost the same time as the spread of Covid. Both became "viral".

15 Likes

Garuda caused covid confirmed?

1 Like

It's been stated by one person on the internet. That's confirmation enough for me!

And to think I remember most everyone here from a little green place from far back in the before server migration days. Ahhhh. I feel old.

Happy Anniversary to those involved in creating the project.

3 Likes

Garuda didn't so much cause covid, as it was Garuda's spontaneous emergence that ripped a hole in the space time continuum allowing the virus to cross the boundary into our verse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

My main and only system!

1 Like

Congrats!

System been working quite well. Occasional hiccups, but can be solved by searching the internet. Will be interesting to see where Garuda will be within the next 2 years.

5 Likes

I just joined. Garuda is a nice option that isn't so bogged down as many Debian-based distros, but is more user friendly for games and relatively new Linux users like myself. It's a good combination so far, and I hope it grows in popularity!

7 Likes

Seit ich von im Januar 2022 von Win10 Pro auf Garuda Linux umgestiegen bin :grinning:, habe ich erleben können, wie sich die Performance bei Spielen verbessert hat.
Nun, ich bin gespannt, wie sich das Betriebssystem weiter entwickelt und um neue Funktionen bereichert wird.

3 Likes

Ich bin auch von Win10Pro auf Garuda umgestiegen. Seit einer Woche und recht zufrieden. :slight_smile: Also hat sich im letzten jahr viel getan wegen der Spiele?
Meinste das ist von Garuda aus so, oder auch weil Steam mächtig Dampf macht die Kompatiblität herzustellen?!

GLG

2 Likes

Mein Name ist Adam. I think that's German at least :joy:

5 Likes

That's pretty good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stick to English here, please :slight_smile: and on topic.

2 Likes

Yep, is German :smiley:, I live in North Rhine-Westphalia
God Save the Queen.

Fine, :smiley: but no complaints, my English is not that good. :innocent:

Hi BruceLeakeriver. With Steam I have problems here and there, COD 3 started the day before.
After updating a DXVK driver, COD 3 did not want to start the next day, everything only worked after reinstallation. Origin Games and those installed via Wine had no problems.

I currently use Garuda 90% before 80%. I'm curious how Garuda will continue to develop until the end of the year.

2 Likes

Yeah, there some itches but nothing major.

I'm currently fiddling around with KingDom Come Deliverance. I've got awfull low frame reates and I'm not sure why. And even the view distance is literally a disaster LOL
I gonna tweak it until it runs. Games aren't that essential to me. My workflow works fine. After a hickup with Resolve and Pipewire. I just switched to pulseaudio and now I'm good. ^^

I guess heroic is already using DXVK but 15 fps in Pribislawitz is a joke for my HW XD

1 Like

JamesDSP has a nice pulseaudio version in the AUR, if you’re interested. AUR (en) - jamesdsp-pulse

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint, I just switched via Garuda Assistant and it worked out of the box. I'm glad it works :rofl:

3 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:Happy Anniversary :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations! As someone who tried this after it first came out. Great to see how its grown and matured.

1 Like