AMD GPU Problems

Just wanna asking if anyone can help me (I still searching how to do it my self)
So it like this. My GPU are RX 460. The open source amd gpu driver give me AMD CARRIZO (R9 285, R9 380, R9 380X, R9 Fury, R9 Nano, R9 Fury X, Pro Duo).
So how i change my amd gpu drive into POLARIS10/11/12 (RX 460, RX 470, RX 480, RX 540, RX 550, RX 560, RX 570, RX 580, RX 590)
Because I think this is the source of my slight stuttering after I fix the cpu frequency problem.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-radpro-lin-16-40 only for RedHat and Ubuntu? No Arch based support?

I hope this could help me. Trying it at the moment.

1 Like

Mine were ok OOB from the gaming flavour distro, but...software manager and search AMD gives plenty to choose from.

There is only one useful driver - the open source driver built into the kernel. Switching it to AMDGPU-PRO will not help performance.

Fix one problem at a time.

1 Like

Good to know that other people get good from the gaming flavour distro. Maybe I'm gonna re-install again into the gaming. Mine was the default Dr460nized :grin:

I see. Thanks for the info :relaxed:

Purely for your info-

The only problem I have, is with Death Stranding on Steam. I get freezes/hangs at the same place, constantly.

This is not Garuda, or drivers, but a Program problem. The same fault shown in error.txt for Windoze, Nvidia/AMD - a wide spectrum of hardware and so on.

I have resigned to play it when it's fixed. I am hoping an update to Vulkan (promised) will solve most, if not all, of these faults.

1 Like

Sayangnya, saya tidak dapat memberikan kontribusi apa pun untuk solusi masalah Garuda Linux Anda.

Salam dari Jerman untuk Kalsel.

Hi fellow Indonesian :wave: :wave: :wave:

1 Like

I'm not an Orang Indonesia, but I've been visiting our land and water annually for almost 30 years :heartbeat:

corectrl is my answer and i just need to set my gpu on "fixed" mode and pick "low". For my cpu i set it to "performance" and it's been smooth play for mostly game that I installed :relaxed::+1::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Nice you fix it.

Perfect solution was if you write more/full details.

4 Likes

Ok. I will try to put it together how the solution. Thanks for the suggestion :relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.