Hey, i've been recently having some issues with access to Ad Guard's DNS service.
I'm based in America, but AFAIK this
188.8.131.52 server is in the Netherlands, although some rDNS service I found on google said that it was in Russia.
In any case, my DNS traffic to that IP is perhaps being interrupted from time to time ...
- In the past week or so, there have been DNS request timeouts for specific hosts (github.com, registry.npmjs.org). I had to write
/etc/hostsfor a temp fix.
- In the past 2 days there have been two outages where DNS goes out completely, but i can still ping external IP's. For the complete outage, it affected both my laptops (same network)
Would it be simple to set up this script/GUI to allow users to select an IP from a drop down or from a list in the command line?
Also, now that I digged a bit deeper on my system, i found that only
/etc/resolv.conf mentions the AdGuard server 184.108.40.206, but neither
/run/NetworkManager/no-stub-resolv.conf reference that IP. Instead, it's just pulling DNS from my router at the the next hop.
- Is there something else I should do to configure AdGuard?
- Am I right in thinking this?
- How can I tell what DNS NetworkManager has loaded?
- Does NetworkManager automatically configure the DNS Sec features of AdGuard?
- Why would the DNS go out for both my laptops at the same time? (same network, same
It's not a huge deal. It may not even matter in my case, since I may simply configure AdGuard on my Routers at home.