Add/remove software not opening

for what it's worth, this issue got me more seasoned on how to use pacman commands / managing software without a GUI. im not sure if i even want it back anymore :dragon:

6 Likes

The only thing GUI package managers are better at is for browsing for software you're unfamiliar with.

Anything besides pacman for doing system updates is a step backwards in reliability. If you intend to use an Arch based distro as your daily driver you really should learn pacman usage.

Pacman is the gold standard for package managers in the Linux world. There really is no substitute.

8 Likes

me if I execute the command pacman -Syu chaotic-aur/pamac-aur-git the output is this: core is up to date extra is up to date community is up to date error: the following database was not found: chaotic-aur

2 Likes

now running the command I get this output: `warning: unable to fix "pacman <5.3", a dependency of "pamac-aur-git"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to some unsolvable dependencies:
pamac-aur-git

:: Do you want to ignore the following package for this update? [s / N]`
and I don't know what to do ( I'm new to the world of linux distros I'm a bit in trouble)

s = yes
try reading / lerning :slight_smile:

1 Like

so in the end I will have to wait for the problem to be solved because even if I type yes as I rerun the command I get the same message again thank you very much for the support

Or simply learn the marvel that is pacman.

2 Likes

Are we still waiting or is there a known fix?

As most others after an update via pacman in terminal i try to launch pamac-manager and get shared library libalpm.so.12 no such file.

Just switched from Manjaro last night on my main box and cannot update. Mnajaro forums have same errors.

Thanks for a killer desktop!

So itā€™s been a whole day and you canā€™t updateā€¦is there a rush? Itā€™s fixed by the pamac gods when its fixed.

4 Likes

You can follow along with the rest of us on the edge of our seat - this is what youā€™re looking for:

and it will get updated here:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pamac-aur/

Edit: I just hit F5. . . still nothing. This is riveting.

6 Likes

hahahahahahahahahah hahaha

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure if you were on manjaro Stable branch, there wouldnā€™t be errors since it would still be at pacman 5. So you were on testing or Unstable, read about the issues and still switched to Arch expecting everything to be great with the current conflict between pacman 6 and pamac? Rather puzzled.

I use both Arch-repo distros and Manjaro, by the way.

5 Likes

pacman update is the cause but you can prevent this by avoiding updating it in preferences before you update your entire system as you're waiting for an easier fix...

1 Like

:point_up_2: :+1: :smiley:

and
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.