Add Magnet Link instead of Torrent File for download

Torrent download is currently down for Dragonized Gaming Edition. Have not checked the others. Also tried multiple VPNs. It would be nice if it was simply magnet link. This would no longer be a problem.

You can convert the Garuda torrent files to magnet links here.
https://nutbread.github.io/t2m/

1 Like

This version doesn’t really exist anymore, you can add gaming to any DE with the garuda-gamer app.
Thank you for pointing out the error on the website. :slight_smile:
Furthermore, we have no control over the internet and torrent. :wink:

Really? Did I miss the announcement for that?

If you ask me, we should also get rid of dragonized blackarch. Seems like a lot of people who have no idea what they’re doing are downloading it, and it just confuses them. Plus, Burp Suite doesn’t start last time I checked.

1 Like

BlackArch should be like Garuda Gamer which can be installed on top of any edition if needed.

2 Likes

It Exists
Only multimedia is dropped

2 Likes

Me stupid man, thanks for the tip :smiley:

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Dr460nized gaming edition is working fine for me.

(It's 11:13 pm in India)

Regarding magnet links, we will look into it.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Would be nice if it was a preinstalled, but disabled repository that can just be turned on from Garuda Assistant. That way all the editions can have it as an option.

It will certainly be done when one of the Garuda developers is bored again.
Or you do it zoeronen :smiley:

1 Like

Well, Garuda has been helping me learn, so maybe I will, someday soon!

1 Like

Just shell scripts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It started working again but it was not at the time of original post. Still this would never happen again if the simple string of text was added in addition or as a replacement to the torrent file download.

dr460nized
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ee9f84153264a05bf963f8bf50a087f50f4c6c35&dn=garuda-dr460nized-linux-zen-210507.iso

dr460nized-gaming
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8945cdc059e8c4062deec441e69bd5cdb2cfbb58&dn=garuda-dr460nized-gaming-linux-zen-210507.iso

dr460nized-blackarch
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:87c8f7a7fd3a518c7ca72160da972ca587fb4a0f&dn=garuda-dr460nized-blackarch-linux-zen-210507.iso

all torrent files restart if their is a break in transmission or the tracker is down, that is the torrent prothetical magnets are just a easier way to start them

1 Like