6 Months+ On Garuda, I Love It!

What initially sold me: An Arch distro with automatic, bootable BTRFS system snapshots! I came from Spiral OS which has this feature (the ONLY reason I was using Debian, LOL!). I only used it for 1.5 months, had to use another repo to update Plasma, yuk!

Later I learn the community here is awesome (well, most of the time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Then I learn you guys do "hotfixes" when needed with your update system, oh hell yea! Endeavour wasn't doing this for me... (I used Endeavour for a few years)

I love the apps you have made, very easy to install commonly used software and to look at it how you have categorically laid it out, remove cache files, etc (I also do "pacman -Scc" when building an image). garuda-update is awesome, just works.

chaotic-aur, need I say more?

My only complaints are minor things I can easily take care of (uninstalling Plymouth because I prefer stability over all else, changing dragonized layout but love how it looks otherwise).

I don't see myself distro hopping for years at least, so long as Garuda is maintained. :heart:

I've been working over the last 6 months polishing a Garuda image for alll these MacBookAir7,2 I have access to, and it has turned out beautiful! (so long as I stick with mkinitcpio) I am getting Arch Linux into the hands of people who aren't good with computers. :rofl: Now even using an image based on that original image for the old iMacs at work because you can't even do anything with macOS these days. Garuda to the rescue, just having a hard time getting the speakers to work, may post a thread on that later...

10 Likes

…uninstalling Plymouth because I prefer stability over all else, changing dragonized layout but love how it looks otherwise…

I am not a fan of Plymouth either. Happy 6 month anniversary! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.