3rd Anniversary πŸ₯³ Garuda Linux

3rd Anniversary :partying_face: :tada: :dancing_women: from Garuda Linux

birthday-3-rot-schwarz-garuda

Since the preliminary work already took place in 2019, an exact date of birth can no longer be determined :smiley:

The first bug-free ISO :wink: appeared in March 2020.

So now I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the flourishing of Garuda Linux.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Garuda Linux :partying_face:

:slight_smile:

69 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratz to all the Devs and volunteers!
And to the whole community!

Ahh, you love to see good news and I#m cheering with my beer in my hand o/

5 Likes

Happy anniversary!

You Devs have made such an amazing job on all levels, in all aspects of evolving this awesome Distro with all it's cool flavors you guys have made it outstanding!

The support forum is nothing less, volunteers, admins, mods and members being so helpful.

Thank You for all your work!!

6 Likes

Congratulations Garuda!

Unfortunately I don't have a Garuda-compatible PC/laptop at the moment because all my money goes to travel (fly Garuda!). I will definitely be on board again this year.

6 Likes

The Third Anniversary is traditionally called "Leather" and gifts may include crystal or glass.

So here's to Garuda! May your glass be never empty!
:beer:

10 Likes

Yay! It was also just my 2nd anniversary recently :hugs:

8 Likes

Congrats Guys! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations! Thanks for providing what I find to be my favorite distro for Linux.

Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Since October 2020 with garuda, congratulations to all developers

3 Likes

I am currently dependent on Debian 11, 32 bit, Atom N270, 2 GB of RAM. Please refrain from expressing condolences.

4 Likes

Not in the least! I had one of those little beasties and it worked its heart out. It died on the hill of development, passing away while testing a particular 32-bit install routine developed by a different Arch-based distribution. Those are great little dudes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yayyyyy! And i think I have been using it for 2 of the 3 years now... Distro hopping days finally got over. And for newbies like me, they said you should stay away from Arch and its derivatives. But Garuda never let me down when it was chosen. (Incidentally the Indian religious scripts have made Garuda the King of Birds - and surely Garuda is the king of Arch distros (for me atleast).

Congratulations!

7 Likes

Congrats Garuda Linux Team & Happy Birthday Garuda Linux :tada::partying_face:!!
One of the few distros Arch-based I know that add value, and aren't just a repo added, with a custom theme and that's it.
I really love it and carry always the KDE Dragonized Edition on my USB, along with the KDE Vanilla + Sway, for live usage in other PCs.
The performance is so nice, FireDragon adition is superb.
I'd love to be able to use FireDragon MUCH more than I'm using it, cause I like it so much, but the fact that my session doesn't restore after I close it + some other "issues" as the paste from clipboard of a screenshot done with the built-in tool, makes me mucuh harder to use it as my daily driver web browser, having me to change from Firefox world (I love it) to the best Chromium-based alternative for me, Brave.
Thank you much for your hard work and for this amazing distro :people_hugging::clap:.

6 Likes

An absolutely fantastic operating system by a fantastic team, here's hoping its around to see it's 30th anniversary.

I mean ill be like 70 years old with a load in my diaper and no hair, but ill try to show up for the celebration. :smiley:

8 Likes

Let's just hope Garuda outlives Windows

1 Like

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

Most of the team are under 40, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

If I should live to be as old as my grandmother (101), then I will easily reach the 30th anniversary of Garuda Linux. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

My mother is almost 86 and doesn’t need one of those :slight_smile: , so there is still hope for you. :smiley:

However, people have already shit themselves just because I gave them a piece of my mind :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats fellas!

Sent you a humble donation. Although I'm not using the distro, I utilize your Services dashboard every day.

:computer:

6 Likes