YouTube reviewers and their false assumptions

Garuda Linux tries to make it easier for all users to work and maintain the system, with custom tools, programs, and scripts.

However, this does not mean, as is often misrepresented, that Garuda is a beginner-friendly distribution.

There is still a large learning curve with arch-based, rolling distributions.

Our small team tries to solve Garuda related problems, but cannot teach OS switchers the basics of Arch Linux or all programs that exist in the "Arch world".

We offer self-help in the forum, but no spoon-feeding in baby steps.

Those who have no interest or time to learn things on their own will not enjoy Linux in the long run.

18 Likes

Well, I am not a beginner, but I would not call myself advanced either.

I have found Garuda to be very easy and the forum to very friendly, so I'm a bit puzzled by your comment.

I'm not the biggest Arch fan in that there is a certain part of learning how to build the base OS that I just do not care to learn. If I experience an minor issue with the base OS, I will learn how to fix it. If, on the other hand, I experience an major issue (meaning an issue that cannot be quickly corrected by restoring a previous snapshot), I won't take the time to learn all of the inner workings of how Arch is put together and configured. It's just too easy to backup my home directory and reinstall from a live ISO usb device.

I'd rather spend my time learning and configuring my application, dotfiles, environment configuration settings.

Of course, this is just my opinion. YMMV.

Garuda fits my needs from where I am in my Linux journey.

And it does it so darn well, man!! :smiley:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.