XFCE install tips and tricks

You are welcome to make suggestions and improvements

The dock we used in xfce is dockbarx

Well the thing us i only tested the config on 1080p

Monitor so i dont know how it looks on high resolution screens

So feel free to suggest changes

1 Like

Will do - perhaps a wiki-like walkthrough of hi dpi’ing an XFCE install? Should have time to do that over a few days. As well as a list of things to add, of course :grin:

2 Likes

I was experiencing the exact same symptom when trying to install Garuda offline from an older KDE minimal 200508 iso. I had to use this ISO as it was the only one I had on hand until I have internet connected (soon).

I was using the integrated graphics on my AMD Ryzen 5 3400G and could not install. I experienced exactly the same as @freebird54

The monitor would blank and then appear the desktop was dead. If I quickly did a change to TTY and attempt a startx it would error. Sorry don’t recall exact long winded errors.

Anyhow, suspecting the integrated graphics was the problem I then installed the following dedicated graphics card model:

MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR X 8GB

After I changed to the dedicated graphics adapter the installation of Garuda went very smoothly.

4 Likes

Hi guys, I am new to Garuda, but not new to Arch based Linux. I tried installing Garuda xfce- extras zen on both my desktop computer and laptop and all I get is being on the bootloader. I have tried re-download the iso three times and still can't get past the bootloader. When I hit escape, I get device did not show up after 30 seconds...Falling back to interactive prompt. I have tried non-free and free and still same results. Any ideas?

Use dd
Or etcher to burn iso to usb

4 Likes

Yeah that works. Had it in Ventoy with the other isos that I have and it confused the calamares. This is kind of strange since I have other distros that I have that uses calamares on Ventoy drive and they worked. But thanks for the advice.

I'd ALWAYS get the error at the end of Etcher making ISO to USB-stick... It cannot handle images with 2 partitions or so, properly (I wrote them at W10).

It works even though the error it gives, I think (didn't try it). But always after making the bootable USB-stick, it told it had an error and "Something went wrong"...

I have wrote everything with Rufus and they just work... Well, your Mileage May Vary...

Please do not necrobump posts that are a half year old.