Wrong Name In Calamares

Hello.
I recently noticed that latest Garuda ISO, is having the right name in Garuda-Welcome that is "Bateleur" if I'm not wrong, but in the Calamares installer it is still written "Soaring" which is the old version I guess.
I seen this in GNOME version, don't know about others.

:wink:

1 Like

Good catch. I'm sure nobody has noticed it before (he said, tongue-in-cheek). Is this an issue for you or are you hellbent on noting the obvious, here and in other posts?

2 Likes

Hi.
Yes, I'm fond of finding bugs, I find it fun.

2 Likes

I always thought "Soaring Installer" was the forked name of Calamares in Garuda world. Was it ever a release name?

1 Like

I am pretty sure that it is not a release name, especially since an year, when I joined this crazy crowd. : D

I myself noticed it a lot of times, but never bothered to ask, because of two reasons. First, I thought it would be name of installer, like Anaconda for fedora. This analogy seemed to be perfect to me. And secondly, it is least important.

@librewish can you disclose the secret?

2 Likes

Soaring is actually our replacement for "rolling" as in rolling release :joy: Birds don't roll @librewish :wink:

6 Likes

They goddamn sure as hell do if they happen to be "soaring" anywhere near the flypaper, as my fat parrot demonstrated. Just one wingtip touches and they're quickly wrapped tight in it and rolling all over the floor. And it's difficult to tell if the horrible screams and screeches emanating from the tape-wrapped ball of feathers is indignation or pure, nasty rage. Parrots can get loud when they're pissed off. You always wonder what the neighbors think.

I'd have taken a photo if I wasn't laughing so hard. :wink:

5 Likes

Lol.
I thought its a release name.
Nevermind.
:joy:

2 Likes

I would propose Rolling Parrot as a, um, "release" name, but...

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.