Whatsapp-nativefier is great

Hello Garuda users.

If you use Whatsapp on your smartphone , you will surely like whatsapp-nativefier available on AUR

In your Smartphone go to Whatsapp>Linked Devices >Join Multi Device beta
In garuda open Whatsapp app installed by (pamac install whatsapp-nativefier)

Pros-

1. works without internet on primary device(smartphone)
  2. wont have to login again and again if you use Cookie Auto Delete or something like that
  3. Instant notifications for messages

Cons-
Maybe hurr durr bad based on electron

WhatsApp web wrapped into an electron application I'm assuming? There's plenty of these already out there including WhatsApp web itself but I definitely like the idea of actually getting notifications without my phone needing to be present of the web page open. Will check it out thanks

1 Like

Haven't tried whatsapp-nativefier, but looks like it is just an electron wrapper.

In this case, I prefer something like Ferdi. Should work just like the mentioned whatsapp-nativefier (offline support works too), but with the big advantage that you can add pretty much any messaging service there is. That way you have all your messaging services in one place. It's pretty neat!!

stallman

Just because billions of flies eat shit doesn't make shit delicious.

2 Likes

In this case, I prefer something like Ferdi . Should work just like the mentioned whatsapp-nativefier (offline support works too), but with the big advantage that you can add pretty much any messaging service there is. That way you have all your messaging services in one place. It’s pretty neat!!

Some reddit post says its dead , so there is that

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.