What's your taste in music? šŸŽ¼

We donā€™t do much else anymore music-wise

1 Like

Must have been all that 80's and 90's industrial nihilism. You know what they say about nihilism. It leads to absurdism. :rofl:

I don't know if that's actually what they say, but seems plausible, right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What my country's President would post:

1 Like

One must imagine Sisyphus happy :joy:

Some music from Canada

1 Like

Meanwhile:

3 Likes

That feeling when randomly finding out about new album releases of a band one loves :heart_eyes:

@justmere

Edit: after listening to it and reading up on the plot... Daaamn :cold_face: easily my favorite album ever :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The plot reads like a good film:

4 Likes

Pain Remains I and II still make me cry every time. I"m seeing them in November with Angelmaker, Ingested, Aborted, and Ov Sulfur. I can't wait... I am so excited that when I ran into someone wearing an Angelmaker shirt today i tried to connect. It was very awkward.

I still have to listen through this one, but i've been way too busy to listen to music even. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In the context of the entire album itā€™s even better :eyes: my favorite song is definitely the first one, amazing!

Angelmaker is a band I would be interested in seeing as well :eyes: hopefully not too bad :smiley:

1 Like
2 Likes

https://invidious.namazso.eu/watch?v=rWbEq009YVM

Ich hab den Reset-Knopf gedrĆ¼ckt
Doch nichts ist passiert

LOL

1 Like
1 Like

Serious question.

I remember reading something in the forum rules about religion (among other things considered "sensitive" like politics, castes and perhaps something else). I agree with that.

But seeing the above post even got a like from a team member, I gather that rule is not effective.

So I ask, what is the actual rule here, where do you draw a line?

Is there an exception for the "taste in music" (or lack thereof) section, or is the exception about Christianity in particular? Because, I'm pretty sure if I were to post something mocking and blaspheming some other religion, especially "those other two" (or G-d forbid, the "politically correct" pseudo-religion), it wouldn't go down well.

Or should I find out experimentally?

To be very clear, I'm not a triggered bible thumper, I think the above is bad taste both conceptually and (cough) "artistically" but personally I couldn't care less about your spiritual life (I'm agnostic and even if I were religious, well, I've seen it all and then some) but I think if there are to be rules they should be clear and fair.

You know, I like controversy, but I'm old style and prefer keeping it where it belongs.

With kind regards, and Kali Yuga Ɯber Alles.

P.S.: That thing above doesn't hold a candle to "I don't believe a word", just saying.

I have now listened to this 4:14 min.
Unfortunately, I don't understand the lyrics, which is on the one hand due to my bad English, on the other hand also due to the articulation of the "singer".

The moving images allow only one interpretation for me, the initiator, singer or the entire group should be tied to the cross to prevent them from making so much noise :smiley:

I see there no discrimination of any religion, unless the song text expresses itself in such a way.

By the way, I am an atheist.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Ich habe mir jetzt diese 4:14 min. angetan.
Leider verstehe ich den Text nicht, was einerseits an meinem schlechten Englisch liegt, andererseits auch an der Artikulation des "SƤngers".

Die bewegten Bilder lassen fĆ¼r mich nur eine Deutung zu, der Initiator, SƤnger oder die gesamte Gruppe sollten ans Kreuz gefesselt werden, um sie darin zu hindern soviel Krach zu machen :smiley:

Ich sehe da keine Diskriminierung irgendeiner Religion, auƟer der Liedtext ƤuƟert sich derart.

Nebenbei, ich bin Atheist.

1 Like

The lyrics to the Ov Sulfur song can be found here.

Dunno.

Unsere Rettung ist nah, Hallelujah! xD

Just for the theme... I'm actually way more into Pop right now.

:smiley:

1 Like

Thank you.

I think we have for these cases in the forum, the possibility to set a flag to indicate the rules.

What about this song?

https://invidious.weblibre.org/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg&listen

Not sure if all this falls under free speech and art and we should allow exceptions in this area?

3 Likes

Not sure either, hence I asked. I know I came across a bit vitriolic, I guess I did it on purpose.

Losing my religion? I like that song, and as far as I understand it's not really about religion.
Go figure, I even like "I don't believe a word".

I just think maybe gratuitous blasphemy is dumb and at odds with allowing everyone to feel comfortable participating.

But I'm all for free speech, so far it's free for all.
I'm OK with the exception, let's see how it goes.
Your house, your rules anyways.

Last but not least, I reserve the "flag" option for spam or other unequivocally unacceptable posts (heck, I didn't even flag that rainbow dildo in the gaping hole, though I was tempted to), otherwise if I have an issue I speak openly, here and in real life, whatever may come.

Music! Does it show I like computer themed stuff?
https://invidious.sethforprivacy.com/watch?v=-gxnmjaj8os
Even if it pokes fun of religion?

And I like metal too, and basically anything I don't consider dumb.
What about a medieval cover of Amon Amarth?

Uhm, I guess thatā€™s me :eyes:

To be honest, I never regarded any of the topics songs of this kind of music as offensive or particularly mean towards a certain group of people. Some of the lyrics are for sure weird for people not listening to those genres, however the bands are most of the times very humble people and donā€™t mean it literal.

That being said, I might be a biased since Iā€™m a big fan of this genre myself :woman_shrugging:t2:

Is there anyone genuinely feeling offended?

4 Likes

I think this is the crucial question, as opposed to what types of music could theoretically be perceived as offensive or not. If our goal becomes to ban any music that could potentially offend someone, we may as well close down the whole thread.

Personally, I think anyone reading through a thread entitled ā€œWhatā€™s your taste in music?ā€ should prepare themselves to be exposed to types of music they dislike, including artisitic expression or viewpoints they personally disagree with. Bear in mind, a lot of music is intended to provoke a reaction from the listener or even be purposefully shocking.

Iā€™m not saying any kind of content should be allowed, but I do think if someone is offended by a piece of music in the thread, it might not be best to turn it into a discussionā€“it can too easily become an argument I think. The best course of action would be to pass a flag on the post and annouce the grievance privately.

9 Likes

Man, Iā€™m just playing a gig.

~courtesy The Moody Blues

4 Likes