What things do you do with Linux?

For me I am learning pentesting and Cyber Security, so this is very much my use case. Which is why (and I saw the tracker) greatest request for Garuda now that I found and love it is to have a stable version for PENTESTING that rivals Kali, Parrot and BlackArch.

Outside of that - I am a general user that loves to learn and loves to learn from others.

To anyone that is pentesting - let me know what you like to load and what sites you learn from -

NMAP
METASPLOIT
etc
etc
etc

2 Likes

pr0n. Lots and lots. What else is there?

6 Likes

"Penetration" testing....

6 Likes

I do everything with Linux. All my systems run Linux of one sort or another.

I don't test pens, though I do write with them quite regularly.

:fountain_pen:

10 Likes

All that I did on windows, I do on linux. Play a game or two, programming, learning new stuff, floating in the web. Also, it fulffils my needs as a system that probably won't spy on me. Now I can peacefully watch something without being watched.

6 Likes

Short answer is, Everything.

5 Likes

Dito that. Some time back I ran a Windoze installation to game on because WINE just didnt give enough performance but since I dont do that anymore, Linux can do everything I want to do :slight_smile: which means git stuff, browsing, watching videos and listening to music :smiley:

6 Likes

Everything except run my irrigation system. I can even use microsoft excel online via my onedrive for work so I can even coordinate with everyone who doesn't understand what LIbreoffice is.

3 Likes

Mostly coding , its easy to setup development environment in Linux than any Other OS . And privacy , no telemetry data , i use vim editor its so simple and highly productive , although am a beginner idk all the commands and keybindings vim offer . Other than coding is basic web browsing , music etc . I don't play games Though :smile: .

3 Likes

I do everything except stream movies from the various services. You can only do 1080p in Windows, and sometimes only using their Edge browser. For doing that, I need Windows (10). But their current Pro isn't too bad (for a Windows product).

And, yes, I've tried MS' Edge browser in Linux, the dev. version. No dice. And yes, I've complained to the subscribed streaming services. My gripes apparently fall on deaf ears.

This really pisses me off! I prided myself on running nothing but Linux--for years. And now, too be brought so low. Tsk tsk. :frowning:

But I will not be denied seeing Eric Cartman in full resolution!

However, I'm fortunate enough to have a couple machines for Linux only. Except streaming.

6 Likes