What is your favorite hobby/passion

Btw i hate photographing humans.

6 Likes

same. Landscapes etc are my thing.

3 Likes

My lazy ass barely sqeaks its way off my chair. So mostly I live in the digital world these days.

3 Likes

Summers are spent in the bush camping on Crown land away from it all. Need to escape from the big town of a 1000 people.

5 Likes

(Stops shoveling snow long enough to answer) 'Fraid not - Toronto ON Canada

2 Likes

Thats the life.Pretty soon I will be moving permanently into nature living a self sustainable life just creating

3 Likes

Creating Art, making my own series of Artist oil paints from nature and all creative things. Recently rebuild my computer {Not for Gaming} and then Garuda descended on me,but always a BIG Linux fan and still learning. First photo is working on the painting "Flow" and second painting depicts the mess of this world during these troubled times and current upheavals in the financial world and markets with the unknown ominous territory of the "Great Reset" looming!!! " Perhaps sometime in near future I will create something around the mythology behind Garuda

16 Likes

Phenomenal!!!

3 Likes

Hate to tell you, but the flowers are already coming up here on the West Coast.

5 Likes

That's OK - I can do without the rain that makes them grow! Not to mention, my flowerchild days are long gone.... :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Hi @joejoubert

I am pleased to see your artwork.

You can share your future artwork at "Show your artwork" page.

And I think it is a lovely idea to have some wallpaper with oil painting as default.

But I want to confirm that are these your works?

7 Likes

Thank you Naman, I will share on "artwork page" And yes I am the artist,creator.

4 Likes

Thank you brvheart

1 Like

My hobby is learning Argentine Tango and my passion is dancing it every chance I get. My wife and I are evolving into fanatics. Even covid has not stopped us. We have the lessons in our dining room and we go out and dance it on the sly! Oh--and Linux too. I love to tinker with a Linux install until I break it and then try to fix it. Garuda is my current project.

1 Like

Distro hopping was my hobby but I have settled on Garuda now!

4 Likes

writing
bullying mac os users
music
gaming but like who cares
learning infosec
bullying mac os users

5 Likes

These made my day! Keep em coming!

1 Like

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a hard time staying focused on one hobby.

I have a tendency to go very deep into my various interests/hobiies for short periods, then switch to the next on a never ending cycle.

Traditional art:

• drawing
  • painting (primarily oil and watercolor)
  • mixed media art
  • alcohol and watercolor marker art
  • pottery
  • graphic design
  • poetry

Computer aided graphic design and painting:

• Gimp
  • Inkscape
  • Krita
  • Various others I'm learning

Other hobbies, some new, others lifetime:

• Stamp collecting (often as a way to learn a countries history)
  • Pen and Paper based Roll Playing Games (Dungeons and Dragons, D20 Future, etc.)
  • Hobby Farming - chickens, gardening - organics and heirloom vegetables, apples, etc. Permaculture based methodology.
  • Primitive survival skills
  • Hunting related items - building rifles, shooting targets, etc.
  • Motorcycle riding
  • HAM Radio
  • Reading novels, non-fiction, history, the Bible, etc.
  • Dead technology collecting, 8 tracks, cassette tapes, records, old computers, etc. Although records are back in style. I have an Apple II e, an Mac SE30, and a Mac Quadra 650 for example.
  • Woodworking - mostly primitive functional stuff
  • Security testing (not kali/blackarch/etc, just a small subset of tools that I actually use, I've been slowly growing the list over time)
  • Linux as a home desktop environment, not just as a server I used at work
  • video editing (kdenlive, pitivi, shotcut)
  • Audio production (Ardour, audacity)
  • Music writing (Musescore, and various other software tools and plugins)
  • 3d modeling (Blender)
  • Storyboarding both as an art form and possibly for video production (Storyboarder)
  • Script Writing (KIT Scenarist, telby)

I would say most of my time during warmer parts of the year (about half the year where I live) are spent on my non-computer related hobbies (I'm mostly outside), while winter months are focused on the others. Linux has been what has enabled many of the more recent additions to my hobbies list due to the huge amount of open source software available for things that would have cost thousands in investment just to try.

5 Likes

Amen, brother!

Mostly digital life these days, cos…reasons
My kids - 8, 10 & 14 (grrrr)
Home labbing and learning that side, building up my collection of RPi servers, NAS’s etc - PiHole.

Garuda - my new home :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Linux, And thats it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes