VLC not working with KDE media controller widget

I can pause, but cannot play afterwards. The vlc-git is working fine, but I don't want to use a unstable branch. I know this is a commonly seen problem, but when I just install Garuda, it works fine. And then after I tried to do something (I don't know what it is), it suddenly stop working. I hope someone can give me a solution...

Mhm well, hard to say that description is very vague :thinking:
To me it sounds like a bug which has been fixed in the -git, nothing to do if thats the case.
Nothing wrong with using unstable versions if they contain bugfixes imo :grin:

1 Like

No... what I am confusing is that why it i working fine before and it is broken now.

You describe a possible bug.
A bug, by definition, is not known until you realize it.
Without logs and system info, it is impossible to have an answer to your question.

Are you sure you have complied with the basic instructions when registering to the forum?
Have you read Garuda wiki and forum FAQ?

2 Likes

Eh no
I'm sorry

2 Likes

If you search the forum you will find VLC has many known bugs. Give smplayer a try. The only down side is by default its appearance is rather unappealing. This can be easily improved by installing the Smplayer themes and skins packages.

This is only FYI. If you don't wish to switch players, then continue using VLC.

1 Like

Ok then. I will keep using VLC until the 4.0 version is out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.