Virtualbox and Dolphin issue

Me and a friend who also uses Garuda are having a strange issue trying to create a virtual machine. I've created the vm and I'm trying to load my Windows ISO. When I go to settings > Storage > Empty > Choose A Disk File it opens up Dolphin to select the ISO but I can't click anything. I can't navigate anywhere, click the open or button, nothing. Dolphin is just fscked. I tried installing Nemo and setting it as my default file manager in KDE but it still opens in Dolphin. Anyone else run into this issue?

I can reproduce this. It appears to be a bug which has been fixed, although the ticket notes " This bug has been fixed for VirtualBox version > 6.1.34" and I just checked the version I have on this machine: 6.1.34. Maybe we need to wait for the next update to come down? :man_shrugging:

A workaround is to run

KDE_FULL_SESSION= XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP= DESKTOP_SESSION= virtualbox

I just tested this and can confirm it works, although it does cause the window to lose its themeing.

Edit:

It also appears mouse or touchpad functionality does not work, but keyboard navigation still does. It's a little clunky, but you can still get around with Tab, Shift+Tab, and arrow keys.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.