Viber crashing

Hello,

Viber is not working for me under Gnome. It starts and I can use it correctly untill it gets on background and someone sends a message to me.

It goes in infinite loop on these 2 lines, untill its killed

qml: Current screen: eDP-1 [1920, 1080, 1] 
qml: Geometry: mh=0, mw=0, h=94, w=296 viber

It also throws error on startup

qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:248: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isIdentityChangeNotificationsEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:314: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isWasabiEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:341: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isOOABURISpamCheckerForceEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:348: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isBirthdayNotificationEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:355: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isBirthdayChatListEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:369: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isVideoGroupCallEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:376: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isForceASForScreenSharingEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:384: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isRateCallQualityForceEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:391: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isCreateCustomPackEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:399: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isMyNotesForceEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:413: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isTranslateMessageDeskManualEnabled' of undefined
qrc:/QML/DebugMenu.qml:420: TypeError: Cannot call method 'isTranslateMessageDeskAutomaticEnabled' of undefined

Tried to install it from flatpack, from appimage, aur - the error persists no matter. Wiped the profile and reinstalled - same error. Saw someone proposing installing qt5-webengine - still crashing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This sounds like an issue with Viber rather than with Garuda or Arch - maybe file a bug with the Viber developers, or at least check with their upstream issue tracker?

2 Likes

I updated a bunch of packages (viber not amongs them) yesterday and it stopped doing that (after doing it for more than a month).