Very slow speed when updating

i tried all thing from another forums about to fix speed by using mirrors. I choose worldwide, germany and my country for mirror in reflector app but it doesn't work. Still speed is very slow like 30kbps.

You may use rankmirrors to check and set your mirror servers.
You should not forget, there are two mirrorlists to check.
If you have kept your original mirrorlists pacsave, then you could check and set your mirrorlists with this (if there is no pacsave, reinstall pacman-mirrorlist and/or chaotic-mirrorlist) :

bash
countries=( Greece Germany Worldwide )
# BIG FAT WARNING
# Germany has a LOT of mirror servers
# Choose your closest countries in the above array

for country in ${countries[@]} ; do sed -n '/'$country'/,/##/{s/^#\(Server.*\)/\1/ ; /^##/d ;p}' /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew | sudo tee -a /etc/pacman.d/myarchcountries ; done
rankmirrors -r "extra" /etc/pacman.d/myarchcountries | sudo tee /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

rankmirrors -r "chaotic-aur" /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist.pacnew | sudo tee  /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist

If/when you use the above (or other) method to re-create your mirrorlists, you have to renew local repo databases, with

sudo pacman -Syy

If after this you try to update your system packages and pacman (or other helper) reports warnings like this

warning: linux: local (5.13.6.arch1-1) newer than [core] (5.12.13.arch1-1)

you should abort the update and manually disable (add # at line left end) the 1st server in the respective mirrorlist.
Then try again the update.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.