Various bugs and small issues

All error reports are based on the kde version

the start menu on KDE doesn't have anything on the first page

Configure errors when updating copy of the errors below
Found fallback initrd image(s) in /boot: initramfs-linux-zen-fallback.imggrub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.Error while configuring grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.Error while configuring Failed to write file "/sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy": Operation not permittedError: command failed to execute correctly
The error device map pops up 4x

On KDE lite 2 alacrity terminals pop up for the initial setup with the same content.
I noticed an issue with fonts mainly emojis and unicodes not displaying correctly most noticeable on things like discord, telegram and matrix installing noto-fonts-cjk seems to fix it

Prelockd and memvalid both seem to fail to start and I can't start them

these are some of the issues I came across in the distro I tried to provide as much information as possible but if you need to know something else let me know

2 Likes

Here it would be nice to post systemctl status of the service. Its possible that memlockd is missing a boot flag?

Is this your boot device or just a plugged in usb?

This looks like an error that can be dismissed, there are some settings that are tried to be set during updates of packages which do not apply to every device :thinking:

1 Like

sure I will send systemctl status momentarily

and let me check I do have an usb stick plugged in but it shouldn't rlly care right? or at least not give an error for it

Reinstall
both memavaild-git and prelockd-git

sudo pacman -Sy memavaild-git prelockd-git
1 Like

I could do that but these problems are there on a fresh install of the latest ISO

@dr460nf1r3

systemctl status memavaild.service                                                                                                            
● memavaild.service - Improve responsiveness during heavy swapping: keep amount of available memory
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/memavaild.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-10-26 12:08:47 CET; 1h 52min ago
       Docs: https://github.com/hakavlad/memavaild
   Main PID: 489 (code=exited, status=217/USER)
        CPU: 1ms

okt 26 12:08:47 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: memavaild.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
okt 26 12:08:47 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: Stopped Improve responsiveness during heavy swapping: keep amount of available memory.
okt 26 12:08:47 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: memavaild.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
okt 26 12:08:47 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: memavaild.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
okt 26 12:08:47 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: Failed to start Improve responsiveness during heavy swapping: keep amount of available memory.
GitHub
hakavlad/memavaild
Improve responsiveness during heavy swapping: keep amount of available memory - hakavlad/memavaild

systemctl status prelockd.service                                                                                                             
● prelockd.service - Daemon that prevents eviction of executables/libraries from memory
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/prelockd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-10-26 12:38:14 CET; 1h 24min ago
       Docs: https://github.com/hakavlad/prelockd
    Process: 16324 ExecStart=/usr/bin/prelockd -c /etc/prelockd.conf (code=exited, status=217/USER)
   Main PID: 16324 (code=exited, status=217/USER)
        CPU: 2ms

okt 26 12:38:14 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: Started Daemon that prevents eviction of executables/libraries from memory.
okt 26 12:38:14 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[16324]: prelockd.service: Failed to determine user credentials: No such process
okt 26 12:38:14 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[16324]: prelockd.service: Failed at step USER spawning /usr/bin/prelockd: No such process
okt 26 12:38:14 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: prelockd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
okt 26 12:38:14 cookie-hpelitebook8460p systemd[1]: prelockd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. ```

and SDB1 is indeed my usb stick that I also used for the installation of the distro

reinstalling does fix the issue aside from the issue being there when you install

I think both apps had user declared in the corresponding systemd service which caused the service to fail, an update fixed that by removing the user. Do you have cgroups enabled as bootflag? this can be checked easily with garuda boot options. :slight_smile:
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-10-26 14-16-00

Then thats fine, you dont want to add the stick to your grub menu anyways :joy:

1 Like

This is because the package was not correct when creating the iso

After creating iso i rebuilt those packages.
So they need reinstall

But as they are git packages they will update soon :smiley:

3 Likes

I will check hold up

This is the default though I didn't touch it

Thats fine, cgroups are enabled. :ok_hand:

Not sure if this is the correct place to report it, but when I tied to setup a Cups printer I was getting errors resolving. I had to edit /etc/nsswitch.conf to allow resolution of .local domains as described here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/avahi under "hostname resolution"

One other minor thing I noticed. It seems that the default KDE notification sounds are from the Oxygen theme but the sounds are not installed. You can install them using pamac (search for "Oxygen Sounds"), but you need to install the key first by following the instructions here (gpg key) https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/oxygen-sounds/

That is not a bug, (or an oversight), many distros do not include the sounds package. Many people (including myself) find system sounds a super annoying nuisance and make it the first uninstall if included by default. The other reason is the package is a big space waster if the user has no plans on keeping it installed.

2 Likes

this wasn't really meant as a general place to report things but more my findings :smile:

Hi

I've just installed Garuda and then trying to install mongodb, what I did:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/mongodb.git
cd mongodb-bin
makepkg -si

(I tried with yay but it's the same outcome)

But I got the same issue again with:
Failed to write file "/sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy": Operation not permitted

(here you can check better)

I did what I read in post but nothing and my garuda boot options are default

somebody can help me or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Garuda community

You posted a picture instead of text.

You hijacked another users thread.

You necrobumped.

All wrong.

Open your own help request and provide proper info.

Welcome to Garuda.

4 Likes

Besides the things above mentioned, You didn't give root permission to it :sweat_smile: so use,

sudo su

Before your first command.

3 Likes

oof this is a very old thread at this point I don't think we need more replies on it as it was my findings at the time so this thread should most likely be closed or the title changed due to the generic title

2 Likes