User introduce themselves

Nice to see all the fresh faces lately. If you've never spent any time in the Arch universe then I think you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Welcome to the Garuda forum.

1 Like

Hi @ourck19 and a warm welcome! :wink:

1 Like

Hi @tbg @SGS @sammiev, i'm a bit late...sorry !
Might be quite usual for a Frenchmen !!!
Must say that i'm ALSO playing with wood ...Meaning cutting/dragging/drying!
Tough job, specialy when u have a small chainsaw (35cm)& that its oack ...
I don't rely on ram to heat me !
Cheers to all, many thanks for warm welcome
& otr i'm also .deb and .rpm (F32/Buster/Open-Suse)
Fred.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Low-memory warning
Post was OT :wink: so I moved it to Newbies :slight_smile:

Hello all, Wie gehts? I like customizing software and my computer, as well as hardware testing and pc builds. Enjoying Garuda Linux Thus far, thanks for your work.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

:wink:

2 Likes

@hype Welcome to the forums. :wave:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, this is Angshuman Sengupta from India, using the Dragonized version, the best archlinux experience

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums @angshuman :wave:

3 Likes

Hi! this is @erdnando from MX.
I have creted my dev environment (elipse, code, android, postman ) and all ok in my asus tuf gaming

I love the experience

Gears

1 Like

and have fun in the Garuda Universe :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @erdnando :wave:

1 Like

hi
just installed on my dell 360 vostro all in one
all working good
it seems a very polished distro

1 Like

Tired grey wolf checking in to see if I can find an OS that supports the values of Freedom and liberty without monolithic control. So tired of the Redmond offerings and yes Apple just works but I like more than a "magic" box . I hope this is it

Giiday and Merry Christmas from Oz.
Never join forums but after 4 years of distro hopping, i got to say.
Thank you.
I love this distro, tried Gnome , KDE, but have settled on i3.
Been using gnome 3.xx last year or 2 but the screen lock / power off / screen saver glitch
(which apparently is a feature NOT a glitch, drove me nuts.
and after a year of running Opensuse , (auto snapshots) i was changing continually again.
I am now running i3 , once I got it to play nice with dual screen it is great.
Love the auto BTRFS snapshot, (is what got me in, I dont have technical ability to do it myself).
I am nowhere near developer just a middle aged user.
so this is the right blend of just works and learning.
Thank you very much.
Nebo

1 Like

Welcome @Nebo
feel well in forum and Merry Christmas from Garuda Team :slight_smile:

Hi from Sweden!

Finally made the switch from Windows to Linux this summer and have been distro-hopping somewhat, but settled with Elementary OS on my laptop. Built a new PC recently and the plan was to run Elementary OS there aswell, but I heard of Garuda which is more aimed to be for gaming which I plan to do. So I tried Garuda KDE and Cinnamon and settled with Cinnamon which I find more appealing for me.

I've used Linux on and off for about 14 years but mostly hosted simple servers for hobbyist purposes. But have always been using debian/ubuntu based distros since I'm most familiar with those. My main usage for my PC is for photography and astrophotography processing aswell as gaming and regular use. Found some really nice applications like ART and Darktable which seems to be good (or even better) replacements for Lightroom.

All is well with Garuda, except some minor things that I will try to find the answer for i this forum, thanks to the Garuda team btw!

Welcome to Garuda @grytlock .

Grüß Gottle from southwest Germany!

My name is Andreas and I'm a 58 years old linux user. At the moment I use Kubuntu (21.10) as my daily driver. As I heard about Garuda-Linux I decided to give it a shot (garuda-kde-ultimate-linux). I'm really impressed. I think I'm going to switch to Garuda when I've learned a little more how to handle it.
A big thumb up to the developers and maintainers. Thank you for your awesome work!

I wish you all a happy new year, health and wealth.

Bleibet gsond!
(Stay well!)

1 Like