Update lead to black screen

Hello there,
Last update kinda damaged my system i'm not sure, there were some problem during the update I end up canceling it. Now when I try to boot up the system I cannot reach log in screen and end up at black screen before that. To enter my system I need to use one of my snapshots. However when I'm unable to update system from snapshot.

when I run: yay
-> /var/lib/pacman/db.lck is present.
-> There may be another Pacman instance running. Waiting...
When I run: pacman -Syu
error: failed to update core (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update extra (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update community (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update multilib (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update chaotic-aur (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update blackarch (unable to lock database)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

seeking for your support, thank you

Have you searched the forum for the error.

2 Likes

Maybe this will help? No mirrors/ No active or running mirrors!

2 Likes

Just update once using pamac*(add/remove software)*, the next time it will work in the terminal

Just delete the stupid thing.

3 Likes
fixpacman

using this command help with update issue. But again when I restart my machine I end up to black screen and I need to go through snapshots to access my system.

Is there a broken package in the last update?

1 Like

Same here. Black screen. pacman locked. using AMD open source drivers. plus disk corruption. reisub at first didn't work. then on the second boot it did. half of the backups are corrupted and don't work at all. I will reinstall, no other choice. I am blaming BTRFS. That's the second time I am experiencing serious issues like that.

yea I'm using AMD as well, and it was working perfectly fine till last update. Trying to find some solution other that reinstall.

Did you restore the working timeshift snapshot from within the timeshift GUI once booted into your DE. This step is important to properly restore your system. The snapshot you restore from within the timeshift GUI must be the same snapshot you booted into from the grub menu.

This information is detailed on the Garuda Wiki and hopefully you followed this procedure to fully restore your system properly.

1 Like

I'm not sure how to do that, can you explain it or drop a link. What I tried to do is creating new snapshot but its telling I'll be able to find it after restart. I went for restart booting normally and I end up with black screen again, so went thro snapshots and new timeshift is not listed.

As I stated, the information is contained on the Garuda Wiki:

2 Likes

After creating new snapshots it seem its working fine for now.
and as I mentioned before this command fixpacman helped with fixing the update issue . thx for support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.