Update India Map in TIme zone setting

World map where we need to select India to select time zone it is not according to India's official map. In this time zone setting Kashmir (POK) shows part of pakistan. It must show part of India. Requesting you to repair that mistake.

1 Like

Probably should be opened up here GitHub - calamares/calamares: Distribution-independent installer framework as I'm not sure how direct the devs' involvement in Calamares is. Or if this is about the settings in the installed system then open an issue on KDE.

1 Like

We'd need as many world maps as we have countries, for the world maps to match each country's "official map" (with only slight hyperbole).

We could bring it up, but the best way to handle this is of course a PR since things can be tracked best this way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the community.

I can't believe how calamers devs can do this! I might have opened calamers a hundred times, but didn't notice that, because it is very minute. I share the sentiment with you and will make sure that it is fixed.

1 Like

That is certainly Indian territory. I don’t know where calamers devs picked that map, but it is completely wrong.

1 Like

Hi there, I created a bug report here

I hope they will fix it soon.

3 Likes

They have added it to milestone, so it will be fixed with next version.
:smiley:

I am marking it solved now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.