Touchpad Support Garuda KDE

Hi, big fan of the work on Garuda. I was working with some touchpads on Linux like the Jelly Comb and noticed that in Garuda KDE the option to enable tap to click was not accessible. It exists as a checkbox but you can't actually check it. This is because in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf there is no click under Touchpad enabled. If you add this line Option "Tapping" "True" then all touchpads will be able to work and the checkboxes under KDE will become available to enable or disable.

Request is whether this config can be enabled by default for future release for those with touchpads on both laptops and external touchpads that don't have left and right click on them.

Touchpad section would look like this:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
Option "Tapping" "True"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "libinput"
EndSection

Once this is added if you reboot you can now enable KDE's touchpad support for tap to click.

Thanks for considering.

4 Likes

Hello, I had a look at it and noticed that we do not provide this file. Instead, its being owned by xf86-input-libinput, an Arch package.

λ pacman -Qo /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf
 /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf is owned by xf86-input-libinput-git 1.0.1.2.r282.g9bb9e63-1

So far, enabling at user level seems to work per device only as seen in `~/.config/touchpadxlibinputrc which currently has this in:

[SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad]
tapToClick=true

[Synaptics tm2964-001]
tapToClick=true

Unless someone has a more workable plan, Id suggest to enable tapping in the settings and then checking which contents got added to this file & pasting it here, so your touchpad will having touchpad support without doing some tricks such as sed magic :eyes:
And welcome to the forum btw :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply and the nice welcome. Here is what my ~/.config/touchpadxlibinputrc shows.

[HTX USB HID Device HTX HID Device Touchpad]
disableWhileTyping=false
enabled=false
pointerAcceleration=0.4
tapDragLock=true

[SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad]
tapToClick=true

[Synaptics tm2964-001]
tapToClick=true

Not sure why it has enabled=false could that be because I booted without it being plugged in? Once I plug it in and with these settings it works marvelous. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.