Touch Screen

Does Garuda have support for touchscreen? i was wondering because if so i wanted to install on a windows tablet.

It really depends on the touch screen that you are using. What are the specs of your tablet, specifically the screen? Everything supported on Arch can probably work on Garuda. Relevant Arch wiki page, btw

2 Likes

here are the specs its an older surface pro tablet.

intel core i5
4GB RAM
64GB Storage
intel HD graphics 4000

1 Like

If you can boot the live ISO, if not, your question is moot.

Read

please
and post

inxi -Fxxxza

as text! Even if you personally think it is unnecessary.

3 Likes

That might be the problem here, as your integrated GPU will borrow some RAM

4 Likes

It will also matter what DE/WM you pick.

GNOME - Very good support

Since version 3.14, the desktop has supported touchscreen gestures, which lets you get even more done with your touchscreen monitor.

Plasma - Decent on Wayland - It will tweaking yourself - to make icons larger etc;

Wayfire - The only wm that good touch support.

Also of course the applications you use.

• Chromium-based browser supports touchscreen on Linux for a while
  • Firefox v45 (2016) supports touchscreen on Linux (bugs 978679 and 1217515 have been finally fixed) but you may have to use environment variable MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1 (see question Enable touch-scrolling in Firefox and bug 1268599)

To improve your experience you might want to try.
Touchegg is a multitouch gesture program, only compatible with X, that runs as a user in the background, recognizes gestures, and translates them to more conventional events such as mouse wheel movements, so that you can for example use two fingers to scroll.

Try GNOME - Best choice for now.

8 Likes

Yup. I use Arch + GNOME on what was a Windows tablet, and it works better than with Windows 10.

5 Likes