System broke after update: "[FAILED] Failed to start Light Display Manager"

Ok thanks a million. I have NO IDEA what i'm doing, but let's hope for the best. I trust you very much =)

I ran the sudo mhwd -i pci video-linux command and it did its thing. Now i'll put "sudo mhwd -r pci nvidia-video-dkms" then ......

for the reference, here's the output after that "sudo mhwd -i pci video-linux"

Please, stop posting pictures.
Read last sentence. Success ....

2 Likes

Ok got it. So now then: sudo mhwd -r pci nvidia-video-dkms

Will report back…

The command is sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia-dkms. Please read carefully.

1 Like

Yes, sorry about that. I see i missed a space!

WORKED!!!!!!! Where can i buy some Garuda merch??? I want to compensate this! I'm also mind boggled on how can you be so thorough in all :smiley: ...like a genius. This was mind boggling to me even though a pretty much seasoned Linux user. You rock!!!

1 Like
1 Like

Ok. Now that i got to the desktop, i can't seem to get my 4 screens right. I can't move them to their right positions from the Display menu. When i try to move a particular display to the left for example, it won't! Only moves to other (wrong direction) by dragging.

Now what? :confused: (my screens used to move before by dragging).

New problem new post after:

Before you open a new help request, read relevant sections of the Arch and Garuda wiki.
Thoroughly search your issue and any error messages in the forum and on the web.

Ok so i should open a new help request? The screens won't move, but they used to. They are meant to be dragged by mouse, i can see that. But they won't move to correct positions. Only to up and down, all of them, but not being linear as they appear on my table.

No.

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

I searched and found out that why i can't move the screens is because of Nouveau, which i'm now at after the remove Nvidia (i assume) process. So i installed the Nvidia proprietary drivers from the settings menu, but now i have the same "[FAILED] Failed to start Light Display Manager". But if i do the recent all over again, i end up being not able to place the screens how i want them (in order from left to right).

Geez my brain can't handle this, really. Should i just reinstall Garuda clean backing all up??

Now you can boot into your system can you provide your inxi -Faz please

1 Like

Ok, wait up. I have to do that former first and reboot.

Like I wrote, open new post after ...