Syntax errors on grub dotfiles

I don’t like windows

Because you didn’t explain yourself well, and I don’t have much experience with bootloaders.

Of course, I want, simply I didn’t understand what to do with the output of your “tip command”.

Here we go again. I appreciate that someone like you help me, but if you don’t want to help, it is your issue.

When you serve, you do what a person order you without caring about the order. When you help, you do the best for helping the person. I told you if you wanted, not to doing it.

Anyway, let's close this discussion because now this is off-topic.

This implies a file has been edited within Windows. Did you, for example, import a GRUB config.d file from another system?

2 Likes

No, I didn't use Windows. I don't have it installed because I don't like it and I don't need it. If there are windows things inside my grub.d is grub-customizer's fault.

1 Like

I created a little script that let you repair the grub config.

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
sudo nvim --headless -c ':%s/^M//g | :wq!' /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new
sudo mv /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new /boot/grub/grub.cfg

I'm going to put it inside grub-mkconfig (it is a shell script, you can edit it with sudo vim $(where grub-mkconfig) )

If you can replicate this behaviour then it’s worth reporting to the GRUB Customizer developers so they can fix the issue.

1 Like

Ok, This weekend I'm going to try with a vm all the things that I did with customizer.

2 Likes