Suppress "Possibly missing firmware for module" warning

Modules: aic94xx, wd719x and xhci_pci

I Know it from other Arch installs and also found a Workaround here.

Is it Possible to Suppress this Warnings if a User don't have the Hardware for it?
This "Bug" Exists since 2016 at Arch Linux and its Annoing always to get Warnings for Modules we don't care :wink:

Hope that you could Suppress it at Garuda Updates Routines.
I Know they write just don´t mind this warnings, But if i read warnings i get Headache ....

What about those (very few) that actually might need the modules?

Is it really so hard to simply ignore the errors?

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

1 Like

Suppress it if a User dont need it.... Yes its Hard, espacially if u are a new user and try to prevent errors. After Research u get it ( i dont need it cause i didnt have the Hardware) .... Research Time is waisted.

No offense, but It should only take 30 seconds to search the error and realize it is of no consequence.

2 Likes

There's an AUR package that will suppress those lines. Other than that, it is useless. Can't remember the name.

3 Likes

Maybe this
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mkinitcpio-firmware/

2 Likes

Well, a script could be written to remove "sd_mod? sr_mod? ", "scsi/.*ata' '" and "scsi|" from “/usr/lib/initcpio/install/block” and then executing "mkinitcpio --allpresets". Also insert "# " on line 2 of /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/50-sata.rules
This could then be added into Garuda assistant and/or setup assistant for those without SCSI.

The less redundant warnings there are, the more obvious legitimate/new warnings are. :woman_shrugging:

You should be able to just install those modules and they will then update with each update and they won't be missing.

Although it seems unnecessary. I just ignore then.

That introduces additional complexity which could cause issues down the line and more modules/firmware means more memory consumption and longer boot times.

1 Like

Oh ya, I realize it's not a great suggestion. But it would work.

I just ignore it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.