Sound stutters and goes *bing* after every video

https://forum.garudalinux.org/t/inxi-nothingtvatyt-garuda1/13762/2

For some days now (I think it was the last KDE-related update) the sound from a browser embedded video (aka youtube) sometimes stutters and it can be temporally fixed by pausing the video.
Another rather new effect is that the sound system rings a chime after done some work. Other than the stutter this is consistent.
The closest issue I found is Audio/video stops and resumes since [Stable Update] 2021-04-18 - Support - Manjaro Linux Forum but the author has a click where my system has a much more pleasant "bing" sound.
If you happen to know what the last let's say three days of updates could influence sound from a video playback I'd appreciate hints. Till then I'm going to try switching things off as suggested.

You should check in the pacman log, e.g.:
cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep 2021-11-07 | egrep -i 'installed|upgraded'

2 Likes

OK, that's a helpful way to get the packages installed or upgraded.

As I'm not 100% sure when it started I use

cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep 2021-11-0[5-7] | egrep -i 'installed|upgraded' | wc -l

and get 200 lines. There is a whole bunch of KDE packages and ffmpg but interestingly nothing obvious that points to a sound related system - at least to my knowledge and looking for names matching the audio section of inxi. Oh and there was a kernel update so I probably should go kernel testing again.

I still don't know what triggered the issue but setting the Headset to "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink, codec AAC)" helped. I think it was HSP/HFP (without a specified codec) before.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.