(SOLVED) Just installed garuda and update breaks the system

The legendary "Nvidia f*ck you", never gets old :joy: Linus got to be an awesome person really, listening to him talking is nice!

9 Likes

Yes since I changed from Nvidia RTX 2070 to AMD RX 6600, Linux and Garuda are a joy. Linus Torvalds is such a legendary figure and has a great sense of humour.

I hope that EU and UK who are investigating Nvidia over ARM acquisition make them commit to open sourcing their GPU drivers if they want regulatory approval to buy ARM. It would be a great day when Nouveau is better than the proprietary drivers!

1 Like

Money talks, I highly doubt anything of consequence will be forced on Nvidia.

5 Likes

Nvidia is a part of the technocracy, they are in bed with intel and microsoft and software companies to implement hardware based DRM and social tracking.

you don't honestly think their new 'AI' video cards are for displaying better looking video games do you? >.>

2 Likes

@tbg and @Michael_joseph

Yes both make great points.

It is wishful thinking of course to think that Nvidia will open source their drivers but one can hope! They make good hardware so it is truly a shame that they do not open source their GNU/Linux driver and work with the Nouveau team.

The good news for the FOSS community and GNU/Linux users is that we have Intel and AMD who are at least showing open source drivers can be done well. Valve has also worked wonders with AMD for the gaming side with RADV, ACO compiler and Steam Proton.

Actually, I'm hoping that Intel's upcoming discrete graphics card will rock the boat for the entire industry. We really need a 3rd competitor in the mid/high end of the video card market.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.