Solution of the add/remove software's opening issue

I think you already did it, since you can use pacman successfully :wink:
And I see a post where you corrected the #TotalDownload :slight_smile: so you should be fine.
Just wait, keep on practicing with pacman, and maybe when add/remove software will be fixed you’ll even don’t want it anymore :blush:

4 Likes

There are other guis you can use for now until pamac gets updated. Bauh works and I think octopi works as well. Or just use the cli

5 Likes

Thanks for the support.

1 Like

I can affirm Octopi (and Octopi-bin and -git) straight from the AUR have all been updated for Pacman 6, though I did get some spurious terminal output. I used Octopi yesterday on a clean install of vanilla Arch via archfi to flesh-out my desktop afterwards.

The nice thing about the first package listed is that update notifiers are optional depends so there's no need to alter the PKGBUILD to eliminate them as unneeded.

3 Likes

I got the below message while do a regular update.
Screenshot_3

I am happy the update is working and there is no problems so far. "Bauh" works great for installing applications.

Is it really necessary to merge the pacman files (.conf & .conf.pacnew) as i am getting updates regularly with no issues? Sorry for my dumb question as i dont want to brreak my OS.

Simple answer: yes.

Can u please advise the most simplest and safest way to merge the pacman files.
Please help.

I would like to have a step by step guide. i will be very helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Seach in forum, please.

I would like peace on earth.

5 Likes