Snap Help and Steam Errors

I just installed Garuda Linux Gaming Edition because I wanted to try out Linux and a friend recommended me it, but the issues that I have been having are really annoying. One of the issues I have is whenever I try and run steam I keep getting this error saying "Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again." I have searched these forums and other forums and nothing worked. The other issues is that I have been trying to use Snap and when I try and install the Snap Store, I get this error "Error: cannot perform the following tasks: -Run Configure hook of "Snap-store" snap if present (run hook "configure": cannot locate base snap core18 no such file or directory", I have Core 18 installed, the other issue i have been having is that I installed Spotify through Snap, and I got this notification whenever I try and open it saying "Launching Spotify Failed. Chdir: No such file or directory".

I will admit I have been enjoying linux so far but it's really annoying having these issues with it, i don't know if it is that I am fairly new so I am making some mistakes in installing/running things but if anyone can help that would be great. Thank you!.

This message implies you do not have an active network connection or access to the Internet, so that’s worth checking.

Snaps aren’t supported. Use Ubuntu if you want Snaps. :wink:

5 Likes

Ah yeah i fixed it, I had to update my DNS in order to get it to work, and Ah got with the Snaps. Thank you so much for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.