Setup Assistant doesnt' seemt o work

About Garuda Desktop Enviroments

I installed Garuda Basic and came across the Setup Assistant. I thought it seemed like a helpful feature so I went through it, only at the end it takes me to the Garuda Welcome Screen.

I tried the assistant a few times, thinking I had done something wrong, but I get the same result each time.

How do I get it to work?

You're running Barebones. You're on your own.

Hint: Install the Assistant pkgs.

6 Likes

Got it; you're right about the barebones thing, but I was kind of hoping for an intermediary between barebones and dragonized.

Dragonized is so themed that I thought it would be faster to just build up from the basic.

1 Like

I've done it both ways and, personally it was easier to un-Dr460nize than build upwards. I mean, once you add plasma group, printer pkgs, yada yada...systemd yada yada...k3B yada yada. It takes quite a bit of time and you still have to deal with all the Garuda presets that say, "nah, not yours" so timewise I think it's a bust either way.

But I also feel "overly un-Dr460nization" is a direct slap to its developers, so I've done it for experimental purposes only. Ideologically speaking, Dr460nized KDE works best OOTB on my laptop, and Barebones on my desktop machine.

But using the Assistant packages--even if one has to install them into Barebones--makes doing all that extra work laughably easy. I'll even reiterate that point:

Using the Assistant packages--even if one has to install them into Barebones--makes doing all that extra work laughably easy.

3 Likes

Hi, I'm just passing by this topic because I had the same trouble, I installed the same image of garuda lxqt kwin in a few machines, same pendrive as well, in the first one the assistant works, but in the other ones, it simply doesn't as @helpcomputer said. Maybe it's not just in barebones?
It doesn't bother me by not working, but, still, it should right xD

I definitely don't mean to slap the developers; I just don't like the MacOS design layout.

But yo umay be right, it might be easier to work backwards.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.