Screenshots | Garuda Linux preferred :master:

Here is an update of my weird dra460ized edition situation.
There were a few things that were ticking me off about the previous set up.
Mostly, I was annoyed I couldn't get the system tray to the right side after deleting the menu button from the top panel. I also was annoyed the clock moved to the center on my other display.

I am pretty sure this problem was due to me messing with the "Garuda" Layout configuration, which seems pretty rigid.

In order to fix this issue, I started from scratch. I created a blank panel and put it on the top. Then I made two docks(one with window buttons/name/menu, and other with system tray/clock/power button). I put those docks overtop of the blank panel and aligned the first one to the right and the second to the left. Note: I had to change the blank panel to the setting "Windows Will Always Cover" to have the docks show up on top.

As the cherry on top, I replaced the old Garuda menu logo with the new dr460ized logo! I had been trying to figure it out for a while, since I didn't see it in the regular icons. I also applied "new configs" in Garuda Assistant to fix up the terminal theme/other old configs.

Here is the image of it now:

And yes, I am using MS Edge Dev. I have a weird use case where I can basically only use chromium-based browsers. My internet has a video resolution limit, but for whatever reason, chromium browsers can get around it. If I wanted to use Firefox, I would have to enable a VPN to get full quality video.
Anyways, I was using Brave, but I started having weird stuttering issues with it. Vivaldi was a similar situation for me. So, for now, I'm giving MS Edge a try as my personal browser(Never thought I would say that :nauseated_face:). I use regular Chromium as my school browser

Edit: switched to new Dr460ized latte profile(all I used to see was a garuda latte profile) and it seems much more modifiable. I guess I'll redo this one more time

2 Likes