RTL8192EE WiFi - poor connection speed

I've recently installed Garuda, and it seemed pretty nice, other then 1 issue; I was getting extremely slow and buggy speeds. A couple hours prior when i was using Windows 10, my speeds were absolutely fine, and when i tether to my PC from my phone, they're fine.

I have installed the correct drivers from the AUR, disabled power management for the adapter, installed the LTS kernel instead, and restarted the WiFi module, yet none has worked.

For reference, my adapter is a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter

Which?

Please post:

inxi -Fxxxza
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter driver: rtl8192ee v: kernel 
           port: f000 bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:818b class-ID: 0280 
           IF: wlp1s0 state: up mac: <filter> 
           Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Gigabyte driver: r8169 
           v: kernel port: e000 bus-ID: 07:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200 
           IF: enp7s0 state: down mac: <filter> 
           IF-ID-1: enp2s0f0u2 state: unknown speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>

Do not edit requested outputs if you would like to continue to receive my assistance.

You did not answer which driver package you installed. If you remain uncooperative this thread will remain locked.

Please answer all questions put to you in full if you desire assistance.

Use the DKMS install method at the bottom of the page.

Read the driver installation directions carefully:

Be sure to create blacklist as well.

This driver may occaisionally require rebuilding after kernel updates.

2 Likes

This appears to be another unresponsive drive by user who opens a help request and then does not provide the outputs requested from a mod (or feedback to suggestions given).

I have set an auto timer to close this thread in 3 days. That will have given the OP over a week to provide the information which should be adequate for most people.

If the OP wishes this topic reopened (when ready to provide feedback) PM a moderator other than myself to reopen this thread. I am no longer accepting PM's from users as I've tired of the frequent abusive personal messages from drive by one day distro hoppers that expect to be spoon fed every answer and expect to do no work themselves.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.