Root in Dolphin

</off topic>

7 Likes

The Arch User Repository is neither good nor bad. It just is. The package in question has been around for quite some time, back when we were all dumb and didnā€™t know jack about system security/integrity. It has a couple options that no longer work. I use it (the AUR package kde-servicemenus-rootactions) and so do many other users.

Just because a PKGBUILD is in the AUR doesnā€™t mean it is necessary/valid/good/works.

PAMAC is a horrible application.
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

@Bro I believe I owe you an apology. I misunderstood you. I thought by

you meant sudo su not log in as root as in login screen. Tried it and it works. Iā€™m really sorry for

On my defence I can only say that most tutorials I read say ā€œlog in as root using sudoā€¦ā€, but it doesnā€™t change the fact Iā€™m an idiot. And n00b. Total n00b actually :grinning:
Back on topic - Iā€™m sorry

3 Likes

@eldresso, we were all total newbies at one time. Don't beat yourself up for lacking the knowledge and experience that only time gives. Time and work.

4 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. The terminal exists.

1 Like

I still don't think it's the worst thing around. It's just not meant for upgrades.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.