Reworked setup-assistant & Ultimate choices (please test!)

here's my new feedback I only had 4 prompts for my password this time though it might be nice if those prompts came presented in a pop up rather than a terminal that pops up for my password (just spouting ideas)

after it's done (not sure if this is cuz im running it from the terminal) the window just disappears it doesn't tell me that it's done it prob should say something like setup completed or successful instead.

otherwise nice work it looks pretty solid and I like that I can quickly choose a bunch of things that people might want.

2 Likes

TL;DR when upgrading to Ultimate, if you select providers from chaotic-aur, it asks to replace some packages, which leads to end up the Setup-Assistant just after removing those packages without starting the upgrade.

I had a (not a big) problem while upgrading to Ultimate. After selecting packages, in Alacritty, when it asked to chose providers for some packages, I selected the chaotic-aur ones for each of them. Then, it asked that some packages have to be replaced, and I chose yes to remove the existing ones and replace them. Then, it removed the packages and that's all, Alacritty closed. Once again, I opened the Setup-Assistant and then went through selecting the packages again. This time it started downloading the packages.

2 Likes