[RESOLVED] Tried to install another distro over Gardua Dr460nized and now I can't access the drive at all

Hello.

I had Garuda Dr460nized installed by itself on an internal SSD. It was encrypted/btrfs.

I tried to install a different distro (Zarin, if that matters), using their installer and I chose to erase and install on the drive with Garuda. Zarin installed, but strangely, it instead installed on an external SSD instead of the internal SSD drive running Garuda that I had selected.

I tried to run the installer again, triple checking that I had the correct drive installed, and it failed saying it couldn't create the file--I think it specially said "can't create the ext4 file".

I restarted backing into my BIOS, and the internal drive that had Garuda on it is no longer selectable as a bootable drive. I can at least see that it's attached in the BIOS.

Any tips on how I can wipe the drive? As you can tell, I'm pretty new to this but trying to learn. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Just ask Zorin, Garuda is deleted.

1 Like

Have you ever heard of a little utility called dd .

Use dd to wipe the drive.

Be very careful that you assign the correct drive path.

3 Likes

This a serious bug on their installer and you should immediately report to them, instead of asking impossible questions here.
They are also more than capable of helping you with your issue.

3 Likes

Check your BIOS settings to ensure all the drives are selected as usable.

Mine uses checkboxes.

1 Like

thank you all for the great tips. I apologize for posting it here rather than a Zorin forum. My initial instinct was that the issue was related to me encrypting the Gardua installation.

I tried to install to the drive 4 more times--twice more from a Zorin USB, then with a Garuda USB and I had issues every time. I could see the drive in the installation menus, but when I would try to install there would always be some sort of issue. On the fourth and final try back on the Zorin USB, it finally worked. Weird.

It's definitely a bug with their installer, and I'll report it. Thank you for for the advice!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.