Pywal-colors in Garuda Qtile

Hello i am new to Arch based distros and also new to WMs like Qtile. i love that Garuda has a qtile enviroment ISO that i can use from the get go. Only thing i cant really figure out is how to disable the whole Pywal-colors thing in general. i dont like that it changes background and terminal colors every login. I would like to set a static background and set static colors for my terminal etc. Any help would be useful. I have tried overlooking the Garuda Wiki about Qtile but still am unsure. I have tried to comment out the line in the Qtile autostart.sh but that caused a grey background. I am not sure if that was correct way to to this or not.

Thanks for your time!

Let’s start with the documentation:

https://github.com/dylanaraps/pywal/wiki/Getting-Started#applying-the-theme-to-new-terminals

It is auto-started via a line in your user’s shell configuration file. Therefore, look in those files to find the line, then delete it.

3 Likes

Comment or delete the line pywal-colors.py in autostart.sh (.config/qtile/scripts/autostart.sh) and use a wallpaper setter like nitrogen or feh.

For Example Add this lines to autostart.sh:

feh --bg-fill path/to/wallpaper &

or

nitrogen --restore & #(need to select a wallpaper in nitrogen)

Also if you don't want pywal colors in terminal remove this lines from .config/fish/config.fish

if type "wal" >> /dev/null 2>&1
cat ~/.cache/wal/sequences
end

3 Likes

Ahh so i was correct when i comment out that line in the autostart.sh. thats good i figured it was that but wasnt sure about terminal etc.

Thank you. I was just about to dive into the fish .config file

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.