Problems with NVIDIA 465.xx and zen-Kernel 5.11.15

Hello,

I had some issues regarding the newest nvidia-dkms driver 465.24.02 and the zen-kernel 5.11.15:
After a fresh install of Garuda GNOME and an update to the whole system, the Desktop did not start correctly. Only starting with mode 3 on the grub menu allows me to login.

Sadly, I did not find any useful hints in the journalctl regarding nvidia or the kernel regarding the problem.

Finally, I decided, to downgrade the nvidia-packages with:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-dkms-460.67-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-utils-460.67-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/nvidia-settings-460.67-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

and I could login to the desktop again.

Maybe, someone can give me some hints, what went wrong and how can I solve this issue without downgrading the driver.

Thank you and best regards

That's strange. I couldn't get the 460..67 DKMS drivers to work with any modified kernel, but the 465.xxx beta DKMS drivers did work. It seems that the regular drivers are caught up with the beta drivers now too.

Try the mainline and LTS kernels and see if it persists. My guess would be that it'll work fine on those, but not on zen or tkg kernels.

Sadly, no change. The lts kernel acts like the zen kernel. But no problem, now I have the script to downgrade my nvidia-driver every time the update likes to install the other one...