Problem with installing cyberpunk Layout for Latte

Your help is appreciated.

What does sudo pacman -Syu say?(post terminal output as text)

4 Likes
λ sudo pacman -Syu
[судо] лозинка за корисника jovanag:
:: Sinhronizujem baze paketa...
core ist aktuell
extra ist aktuell
community ist aktuell
multilib ist aktuell
chaotic-aur                          1273.6 KiB   581 KiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%
blackarch ist aktuell
:: Pokrećem punu nadogradnju sistema...
nema se šta činiti

It is already updated.
Just download files from the link you gave and import theme in latte dock.

2 Likes

I already did.
I don't know what I'm doing btw.

So, what is the issue? You should be able to use that layout in Latte settings.

2 Likes

It's not doing this:

if you have already downloaded the theme then you should be able to right click the latte dock then go to configure latte , go to layout editor, and import the theme you want.

3 Likes

You have to explain this in your own words.
I recall I said this before. Was it you again?

Anyway, ask at the layout developer’s bug tracker.

4 Likes

This means: the theme does some rainbow, is sometimes transparent, sometimes dark and has widgets which move with the music, system specs etc.

The dev has no bug tracker that I am aware of.

I am sure he should have provided installation instructions and additional required components.
Install it properly.

Is it a theme or a Latte layout? (totally different things)

3 Likes

Ask the video maker.

2 Likes

Done. Let's see what happens next.

I have just read the developer's instructions.
Have you followed everything?
How exactly have you installed it?

Trolling the forum is not acceptable!

4 Likes

I'm not trolling I really don't know what I am doing. I followed the instructions as far as I could, now I'm stuck halfway.

Explain with details, or do it again and report what went wrong.

or the topic will be closed.

5 Likes

I believe I installed it using Discover Software Center. I went to the dev's KDE store ( link in first post ) , downloaded the cyberpunk large layout file and imported it into the layout for Latte Dock. Then I tried literally everything I could to make it work properly. I played around with all sorts of settings as SU within the GUI and that is what happened.

Advice:

1. Read the devs guide
  2. Follow the steps closely
  3. Document what happened after executing step after step

Your description does not really help us as its inaccurate - imagine going to the doctor because of a broken leg and just saying "I dont know how to stop the pain, I tried a lot of stuff already but that didnt help" - how is the doctor going to know whats wrong? :eyes:

6 Likes

You have to install panon from here or from KDE's widget store, :point_down:

Actually, the wave effect is a plasmoid/widget which you have to install separately, and it is not linked with latte dock.

Required packages for ArchLinux (dependencies which need to be install, just copy and paste to a terminal:
sudo pacman -S qt5-websockets python-docopt python-numpy python-pyaudio python-cffi python-websockets

You may have to add the widget and edit it (from edit mode in desktop) to your requirements.

7 Likes

Well at least someone read the requirements. :+1:

That’s always a good place to start.

4 Likes