Popups stuck on desktop and weird transparency

Hey there,
(yes, again, I hope I don't bother you too much)
I have a new problem recently - For some reason, Intellij started to leave some stuff on my desktop:

The popups aren't supposed to be there (Also not clickable, but they are on top of the desktop selection layer) - These are only a part of the ones, that can be there.
Another related problem is, that programs sometimes get a strangely high transparency randomly, while using them...
I can only fix these issues by reloading the compositor via changing it's settings - What is going on? Is this a problem, that only I have again (Program cache?)?
Thanks!

Edit: If I don't get this again, I will mark the issue as solved

The new plasma version introduced related new features.
Cache needs cleaning and maybe old config needs recheck.

3 Likes

Oh no, I think it happened again - Not clickable...

How are the affected cache folders called? Did I maybe not delete the right ones? (I didn't want to clear my whole cache, as other programs use it too, obviously - Gets very annoying to restore some of that)

If you don’t run any application that does system jobs (which means the developer should go to a Linux school), it is perfectly safe to clean the whole cache contents. Re-login.

rm -r $HOME/.cache/*
5 Likes

Hmm, I cleared my whole cache - Again no luck...
Does it matter, if I add, that the fuse in our house popped a few times recently (my pc got killed a few times), as there was some kind of short circuit (fixed now)

I don't know, if it matters, but I just got this error in the journal:

Jun 11 22:03:25 lolcat kernel: [drm:amdgpu_gem_va_ioctl [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-16)
Jun 11 22:03:25 lolcat kernel: [drm:amdgpu_gem_va_ioctl [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-16)
Jun 11 22:04:00 lolcat kernel: [drm:amdgpu_gem_va_ioctl [amdgpu]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-16)