Please help me understand thi

garuda-inxi
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

Which pkgbuild? Not enough information.

I know this, sorry I mean. In general,

I am only downloading so many things I like to try out, but almost all of them have Build packages and I just dont know how to run one.

Packages in Arch Linux are built using the makepkg utility and the information stored in a PKGBUILD file. When makepkg runs, it searches for a PKGBUILD in the current directory and follows the instructions in it to acquire the required files and/or compile them to be packed within a package file (pkgname.pkg.tar.zst). The resulting package contains binary files and installation instructions ready to be installed by pacman.

An Arch package is no more than a tar archive, or ‘tarball’, compressed using zstd(1), which contains the following files generated by makepkg:

• The binary files to install.
  • .PKGINFO: contains all the metadata needed by pacman to deal with packages, dependencies, etc.
  • .BUILDINFO: contains information needed for reproducible builds. This file is present only if a package is built with pacman 5.1 or newer. See BUILDINFO(5).
  • .MTREE: contains hashes and timestamps of the files, which are included in the local database so that pacman can verify the integrity of the package.
  • .INSTALL: an optional file used to execute commands after the install/upgrade/remove stage. (This file is present only if specified in the PKGBUILD.)
  • .Changelog: an optional file kept by the package maintainer documenting the changes of the package. (It is not present in all packages.)

Again
We’re talking past each other, it’s a matter of principle. Just because you marked the post as solved, the problem of your bad communication is also solved. For new problems, just provide more information.

This forum is not a general technical support forum.

From template

Before opening a new help request, please search the Arch and Garuda Wiki’s, and read any relevant sections related to your issue. Also, thoroughly search any error messages in the forum’s search engine and on the web. For in depth information on how to search for answers to Linux issues effectively read the tips on the Garuda Wiki:

Please report in detail everything you have already attempted to solve your problem.

10 Likes
@sgs

Thank you very much

the Links are helping very much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.