Please help, I can’t concentrate!

NameError: ‘self’ is not defined
:wink:

Yup, but since you didn’t add exceptions, the script(me) is powering down. Bye! falls dead jk

There is also a way to try to hack the dopamine stimulation. It's taking a counter and staying still doing nothing and when it rings (like 20 minutes I think) then you eat an apple

It could work. I mean, I take the PSAT next year. I don’t think I need to review for that since I took a practice PSAT(lmao) and it was child’s play.

Not to mention, I took my second COVID vaccine(THE NURSE CALLED ME A GOOD BOY LMAO, SHE DOESNT KNOW IVE HAD TO HAVE A SCALPEL IN MY SKIN 6-7 TIMES but it was still nice) and I’m quite drowsy.

At the age of 14 ^
that detail is as critical as pacman is to arch linux

If you can't figure out the solution to this problem, then you are the problem! :poop:
I would never hire you if your phone is more important than studying or doing your job. :thinking:
What have people now a days become. :scream:

1 Like

I’m not trying to coax a flame, I’m trying to correct -
I do consider my work more important than playing on my phone and any other (near) synonymous interactions indeed, but I sometimes get distracted. It’s human psychology. If you have an easy source of dopamine around, your mind will try to grab for it at all costs. Or so I have understood.

I’m doing well with the suggestions nonetheless, thanks all! Study sprints work well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

its a matter discipline and of priorities my 16 year old tells me. study has to be the top priority so he switches the phone off does his studies then has the rest of the day to do what he wants, as he says when he gets a job he will have to do it any way so it makes sense to do it now in lockdown.

8 Likes

I'm currently facing "concentration problems" too, and sometimes I forgot about things that others might consider important. I'm very lazy and if I don't like something that I'm forced to do I will find a way to do it very quickly or a way to escape. I don't have a smartphone, because one day I said to myself: "damn, I don't like this thing anymore. I don't need it, I have a nice PC to check my socials and other bs, so why keep it?" I also heard about a nice idea from one cognitive psychologist that you can beat procrastination by procrastinating on something else. Basically, this is what I do every day. Distraction can be a way to concentrate on other things, it shouldn't be damaging. I guess, the best I can do right now is delete my Google account, because the majority of time I lose on Youtube. But the problem is, I'm subscribed to channels that I consider very helpful and if I just move to Individious or Freetube they will lose my likes and views. Although some may consider watching Youtube in general a waste of time, I learned quite a lot from that place and I wouldn't be myself at this day and age without it.
Basically, try setting your own priorities and following what you enjoy, and if you suffer from something turn it upside down and make it your strong side.

6 Likes

Doing likewise. Finish my chores first thing, then I get to screw off the rest of the day. Plus, I don't have that guilty, nagging feeling when I procrastinate.

I was very ADD in grade school--couldn't concentrate in class if there was any distraction (teachers learned not to place me near a window)--they knew I was intelligent (I spent hours and hours in the principal's office taking tests) and they didn't know what to do with me. There was no Adderall at that time.

So, come time for 7th grade, they (my parents) ended up sending me to a private military school where they paddled my little ass in front of my classmates and shamed me when I didn't turn in homework assignments. I learned to study during evening study hall (nothing else was permitted). It quickly turned out I was a straight-A student and headed the honor roll all during the second semester. I continued my education there until I graduated my senior year.

ADD affects me still, and I'm 69 years old. But I have finally learned how I learn and I wish I had discovered it at a much younger age. I have to be front-and-center in any classroom setting, and there have been many, many professional classes I have been required to attend, with no distractions. None. And when I get stuck, I have to stop the instruction until I thoroughly understand the part I get stuck on. If there is discussion, I try to engage the instructor, which means I had better pay attention.

Learning how you best learn is the best you can do, young sir. :slight_smile:

regards

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.