`pgAdmin4` is not working in `Garuda dragonized`

When I'm trying to start pgAdmin4, it's not starting. Throwing error Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting.

╭─[email protected] in ~
╰─λ pgadmin4
QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
Semaphore name: "pgadmin4-saikat-a59283b86ae8ae85d20fdf770d799dd7-sema"
Shared memory segment name: "pgadmin4-saikat-a59283b86ae8ae85d20fdf770d799dd7-shmem"
Icon theme "adwaita" not found.
Icon theme "ubuntu-mono" not found.
Icon theme "yaru" not found.
Icon theme "Mint-X" not found.
Icon theme "elementary" not found.
Python path:  "/usr/lib/python3.9:/usr/lib/python3.9/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages"
Python Home:  "/usr/lib/python3.9"
Webapp path:  "/usr/lib/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py"
"An error occurred initialising the pgAdmin 4 server:\n\nFailed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

https://searx.garudalinux.org/search?q=Failed+to+launch+the+application+server%2C+server+thread+exiting

LMSTFY

I encountered the same issue and found 'PYTHONPATH' system variable is causing the problem. So i deleted the environment variable and it worked fine. Fortunately i was not using these variables since my development environment is in remote.

So try removing 'PYTHONHOME' or 'PYTHONPATH' from the environment variable list and launch the application.

2 Likes