Path Issues - Fish/Alacritty

Hi. I am a Linux novice still but wanted to try out Garuda. I installed the KDE Dragonized edition.

Usually after I install a package, I can do a "which xxx" to make sure the package is accessible.

I think I am confused on a couple of fronts. I am not 100% sure why some of my packages are not accessible and some are not (Example: nvm & fisher).

my echo $PATH output is

/usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /usr/bin/site_perl /usr/bin/vendor_perl /usr/bin/core_perl

Am I missing a critical path?

Secondly, I am using makepkg for the first time. I seem to be able to build a package no problem. I built one for Chrome no problem. But I am having trouble after building fisher. It says it installed okay but I can't access it after the fact.

I've been looking over documentation for a number of hours and if someone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. I think I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around a couple things that should be simple.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

No.

Apps are accessible if a binary file is in one of the $PATHs. Check if your app has any binary file in any of them:

pacman -Ql nvm

If none, the app isn’t meant to be an executable.

3 Likes

@SameExpert Thanks for the reply and noted.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.