Pacman 6 got released: Requires manual intervention

I seem to recall that. It was like he found religion or something. A ‘spiritual awakening’ of some sort, anyway. :wink:

3 Likes

No, no, no. WE don’t need no te-kill-ya spilled around here. That shit’s flammable.

4 Likes

How did I not know that? Works with paru, too!

Can we talk about how awesome this parallel download thing is tho? I just LOVE watching the little PacMans race to the end of the progress bar :laughing:

9 Likes

It's awesome...though I have a feeling that the forum admins are getting a bit tired of people crying about 'fix it..fix it...it's broken'. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

for AUR go there https://aur.archlinux.org/

1 Like

Its for the benefit of users that do not even know what and how to use pacman very sad really.

At risk of censure for mentioning another distro :), I like that Endeavour doesn't include a graphical package management suite by default...especially right now.
If you can't use a cmd line, you really shouldn't be doing Linux (yep, I'm a harsh judgemental old dude).

6 Likes

I don’t understand why you would use Linux and not want to use the command line. It makes certain stuff soooo much easier.

Sure, there’s the “but I have to tyyppeeee” argument but then they use Telegram and Discord and things for text-based chat?

Why wouldn’t you want to text-chat with your own computer? :rofl:

13 Likes

Long ago in a place far away, there was a big bang. A bang so big, the servers we’re no longer able to access their forum data. And from that day, I became a nameless entity on the internet. A new man. And then, a path was laid before me. And as I came to understand the learnings of the great script(ure), it became clear that this was the path to enlightenment I had to take.

Arch(fi) 8:20

6 Likes

Ya baby, that’s the good sh!t.

6 Likes

So does this only fix pacman on terminal or should this also fix Add/Remove Software from not launching because mine still is not launching. Do we need to wait for the GitLab issue to be closed before it will start opening again?

You must wait for the fix. Developer is busy.
Or look at pictue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have way to many kinds of software that are in this boat with not so trivial bugs right now. :sweat_smile: pfSense, Plex Media Server, XCP-ng, and now Garuda Linux. Make the pain stop. :sob:

I hear Windows never has update issues. :rofl:

You might want to try them, just hide the keys to your house before you register. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Windows has more than updates... Had to go see my doctor for the viruses... :mask:

5 Likes

octopi-git is supposed to be fixed if ya gotta have a GUI. I love octopi. Calamare, too. :wink:

6 Likes

Delicious :sushi:

3 Likes

I know the benefit of pacman, apt, yum, ...
I think pamac problem has created a bit of panic, because it is one of default program in the dock.I discovered pamac precisely because I found it in the dock after very first start of Garuda.

I uninstalled it immediately as its not needed bloat. Lol

4 Likes