Pacman 6 got released: Requires manual intervention

I've got an open issue here, even tried to do some work myself but I lack the knowledge. Would love if it got some attention.

3 Likes

This is actually planned, yes :wink: Pacman is enough, no need for Paru as AUR isnt needed :smiley:

6 Likes

Did everything mentioned above in the new ./pacman.conf file? Still pamac doesnt work.
Note: I just renamed the old ./pacman.conf as ./pacman.old. Does that have to be removed all together?

My Windows 7 work computer hasn't had an update issue in what feels like years. . .

7 Likes

Hmm... well I guess that is the answer then. Windows 7 and XP it is. I mean really, M$ hasn't had a good OS in decades anyways. Who needs those pesky updates, nothing but headaches anyways. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

How many times has this been said pamac is nothing to do with Arch Linux or Garuda, its a Manjaro app till manjaro updates the thing it will not work just get over it i'm sorry to say use the terminal or any of the alteratives if you can't use the terminal.
It sounds harsh but just true Pamac is a 3rd party app that just has one problem after another as it does not follow the arch code and is not compatible

10 Likes

I'm not going to lie, if Windows XP was still a viable option, I'd honestly still be using that today.

I'm also very very sure the only REAL reason Windows 10 is closed source is they are just embarrassed by the fact it's just Windows 7+ Linux kernel they've integrated somehow.

4 Likes

If there is #Topless , why not #DesktopLess

Desktops/Windows Managers are a product of illuminati. To escape from that , execute

sudo lightdm service stop

sudo init 3

To attain full salvation , Install this Pure Linux

:wink:

For those who can't wait and read this thread because Pamac broke, try this package: AUR (en) - libalpm12

It might become "official" if/when Fred looks at Libalpm12 for Pamac - Community contributions - EndeavourOS.

5 Likes

I wish on this site updating from pamac was disabled so people would use what is actually required. I use pamac to view package details and info, ( only because it's faster ) all else can and should be done from pacman and maybe a aur helper.
Worked for me for many years now.
If people can't learn the basic of terminal, they shouldn't be able to use a computer.
OK you folks can hate me now.

8 Likes

I have followed your instructions and sudo pacman -Syu fails to complete upgrade. an error saying
E: ts: Failed to get partition list
E: System disk not found
Unable to run timeshift-autosnap! Please close Timeshift and try again
Any assistance to resolve this would be appreciated

sudo SKIP_AUTOSNAP= pacman -Syu

Copy and paste.

3 Likes

I had the same error. i added # at the starting of the line as advised. after that update worked fine.
2021-06-05_15-48

2 Likes

Thanks for the AUR package Jonathon, AUR (en) - libalpm12
I tried to install it but got gpg error: pacman-5.2.2.tar.gz ... ÉCHEC (unknown public key BBDFFC92306B1121) ,
any idea ?

You should be able to install it from our repo :eyes:

1 Like

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but there is a Garunda AUR repo ?
That's the chaotic-aur one ?

Yes, its called Chaotic-AUR :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi I tried to follow instructions but I keep getting

:: Synchronizing package databases...
core                                  134.9 KiB   567 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################] 100%
extra                                1562.6 KiB  1122 KiB/s 00:01 [####################################] 100%
community                               5.6 MiB  1137 KiB/s 00:05 [####################################] 100%
chaotic-aur                          1092.5 KiB   591 KiB/s 00:02 [####################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace libcanberra-pulse with extra/libcanberra? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing alsa-lib (1.2.5-2) breaks dependency 'alsa-lib=1.2.4' required by lib32-alsa-lib
:: installing libelf (0.185-1) breaks dependency 'libelf=0.184' required by lib32-libelf

when I run pacman -Syyu

4 Likes