[old thread] Mic not working on Discord

First of all, I wanna introduce myself, Im g3nsvrv part of the Linux community for centuries now, I been shadow contributing to many projects using different alias because is fun.

Regarding to the topic itself, I found this thread which is my exact issue:

And because of this, I commented this:

https://forum.garudalinux.org/t/microphone-not-working/3518/8?u=g3nsvrv

If someone find this like a personal attack or something, it is not, because I’m fully talking about the solution, and this comment does not resolves anything, and in this case if I was “jonathon” I will stay silent:

Instead you could ask for logs or something that makes you determine what is the root cause of this instead of saying nonsenses like “depends on your laptop”; of course every machine is different and probably needs kernel boot flags, modules, etc in some cases, like mine which I require to use iommu=soft because amd A9 processor nonsense, but to determine that you have to look the logs.

Please don’t be like all people nowadays on 2021 and focus in the solution.

Anyway, as a workaround I’m using the Web version of Discord which I configured as webapps, and that for the moment works fine to me.

Because of this introduction, this will be my second and last post, I don’t want to be a part of Garuda, I was really happy trying this distro because looks fun, but I rather prefer to use vanilla arch.

So, to summarize: everyone is to blame and you need to make this clear to everyone. Great :wink:

3 Likes

Start a thread with information rather than picking on one statement out of context.

Although it seems you’re not actually interested in doing that your account will be left active in case you change your mind.

4 Likes

Sorry to be so pissy about this, but if as you say you’ve been a member of the Linux community for centuries you should already know how to make a proper help request on a Linux forum (especially if you are an Arch user). To start off with, don’t necrobump or highjack preexisting threads.

The proper procedure (that you should already know) is to open your own help request as stated in the template that contains full instructions on how to create a proper help request. You did not post your system specs, you did not post any pertinent logs, and you did not detail all the steps you took to troubleshoot your issue as explained in the Garuda post template.

Basically you broke most all the rules that are expected when opening a help request on the Garuda forum. As if that’s not bad enough you also felt compelled to take one of our premier forum support assistants to task because you felt his support wasn’t up to your standards. All this on your very first post on our forum. You have contributed nothing to this distro, yet you felt you had a right to jump on our forum volunteers for their support efforts. Can you not understand why your first post on our forum wasn’t well recieved.

When I told you to find another forum for your Garuda support and anonymized your account you also felt compelled to open another account for the sole purpose of criticizing the distro yet again. Somehow someone who claims to have centuries of experience in the Linux community is completely clueless about how to go about asking for help on a Linux forum. If you’d created the same help request on the Arch forum it would have been binned immediately for containing zero useful content.

You’d think someone who’s been around as long as Methuselah would know a little better by now. If you don’t follow our forums rules and expectations don’t expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you. You seem to want to dish it out, yet you think you don’t have to take it in return. Sorry our forum, and life in general doesn’t work that way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.