OBS Studio can't browse to devices [hard drives]

In OBS Studio, when browsing to add media from a device, only [computer] and [user] are available. I cannot access other hard drives or USB drives on the system. Any way to fix it?

I’ve hunted for solutions or plugins but no luck. Some people solve by:
sudo snap connect obs-studio:removable-media
But I get snap: command not found

I installed OBS Studio from Garuda Add/Remove Software. I can move the files to the primary ssd and that works but I prefer not to. Any ideas?

MEDIA DEVICE INFO
ID-2: /dev/sda maj-min: 8:0 vendor: Western Digital
model: WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 size: 931.51 GiB block-size: physical: 4096 B
logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s tech: HDD rpm: 7200 serial:
fw-rev: 1A01 scheme: MBR

We always want your output as text from garuda-inxi, please.
Like the template ask for.

Do not use GUI pamac, use aleays pacman from terminal.

Since I’m new here, should I always start a post with the complete output of garuda-inxi?
I didn’t think the complete output was relevant to the question, but I will if that’s the convention.

I’m grateful for the answer. I can install from terminal but I don’t see what difference it would make if it’s the same software package from the same repository. But I’ll give it a go and follow up.

Yes, that is the convention for all posts in Issues & Assistance. Sometimes the output is not useful like you mentioned, but on the other hand often a solution is revealed by its output even in cases where the topic author did not realize it.

Does [computer] let you browse the filesystem? If so, you can just navigate to the mount point of the device to access whatever is on it.

If you are not sure what the mount point is (for example, if the disk was automounted), you can run lsblk in the terminal and it will show you where your devices are mounted.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.